Ten years ago, PlastiCert President/Owner Craig Porter, started the year as chair of the recently formed Winona Chamber of Commerce’s Business and Education Committee. The committee’s mission is to:
- Purpose –
- To develop our community’s future workforce by connecting area business and educational institutions
- Main Objectives –
- Improve the ability to recruit a skilled and able local workforce
- Provide an avenue for area businesses and educational institutions to effectively work together and understand each other’s needs and processes.
Primary goals for the committee then were:
- Program for administrators and teachers to tour area businesses.
- Plan for Winona Area CofC Manufacturer’s Week
- Evaluate how the committee can become part of the school calendar planning
- Include business in a consolidated calendar
- Explore best practices and results from other communities with strong education/business systems