PlastiCert, a World Class Processor located in Lewiston, is an award-winning employer for Flexibility and Workplace Effectiveness as well as Small Business Achievement. Here at PlastiCert, our team enjoys a dynamic environment, hands-on jobs and contributing to high quality plastic injection molding design and manufacturing services. Our current positions are an excellent opportunity for someone in search of a more inclusive, hands-on, leadership position where you will be a part of the system rather than just taking up a seat.
Open positions at PlastiCert: (see more detail below)
- Mold designer/tooling engineer
- Operations Leader
- Operator- 2nd Shift
- Injection Molding Set-up Technician
- Part –Time General Maintenance Personnel
We currently help supply several industries with our services including, aviation, computer, construction, medical and sports goods. PlastiCert is an ISO 9001 certified 35 year Veteran of innovative and quality, and is founded on the principle of providing expertise in injection molding. PlastiCert provides insight on how part design effects mold cost, production cost and manufacturability.
PlastiCert coworker comments to our local paper after winning the WhenWorkWorks Award for Effectiveness and Flexibility:
“Working at PlastiCert has given us a better work life balance – being able to meet both work and personal commitments. [He] has allowed me to coach baseball for the last 15 years and has given us employees the time needed to balance our own personal schedules too. He wants us to be involved in our community. Making this workplace a place of flexibility and an increased sense of control leading to an increased sense of well-being for all of us.”
“At PlastiCert we have greater job satisfaction making us all happier people all around [He] gives us that pat on the back telling us the great job we do just about every day. He makes sure to extend to us that we all know we are valuable.”
“Being able to remain in the workforce longer because of the greater flexibility of our jobs and it doesn’t hurt to know that it’s in an area that we live. I don’t have to travel far to work.”
“It’s nice to have a greater work environment. Seldom working weekends, I would if asked but I haven’t had to and the fact that everyday changes up a bit with where we work makes the job more exciting. We are all pretty knowledgeable of every work location/machine/job. It changes things up as to not get too boring.”
“Every day is different. Today I am in packing, tomorrow maybe I’ll be working on one of the machines. It keeps every day interesting and enjoyable.”
Please use our contact page and information to pursue any opportunity you see. Please be sure to include your resume.
Mold designer/tooling engineer
Job Description: Make injection mold frames, mold inserts and associated Injection Mold components from tool drawings.
- Machine mold tooling to blueprint specifications.
- Perform mold maintenance.
- Perform mold changeovers.
- Select most efficient methods of machining mold components.
- Maintain time sheets for accounting purposes.
- In addition to the above specific significant tasks and duties, the employee will perform those additional tasks and duties assigned that are consistent with the Corporate goals and objectives of PlastiCert Inc.
Knowledgeable of CAD● knowledgeable of tool programming ● understand molding making processes ● needs to have the ability to communicate to other technical and admin personnel ● must have written and verbal communication skills ● needs to have problem solving skills ● ability to facilitate Tool Room activities.
At least 5 years experience in mold design● experience in tool path creation.
Job Description: Responsible for materials planning, purchasing transactions and movement throughout PlastiCert. Utilize ERP system to facilitate materials movement, e.g. receive materials, issue materials to work orders, enter labor and machine hours for open work orders. Responsible for scheduling the production floor.
- Production Responsibilities
- Communicate with HR & Finance Manager concerning production schedule and required ship dates
- Coordinate break coverage for operators
- Communicate with Setup Tech to verify production runs will be completed on time to meet required ship dates.
- Create and release work orders as demand dictates in ERP
- Provide production schedule based on customer demand/delivery dates
- Inventory Control Responsibilities
- Receive components and supplies and enter into ERP
- Assign materials/product to inventory locations
- Work with manufacturing to plan material requirements of work orders
- Run pick lists and issue materials to work orders
- Enter WIP receipts from production into ERP
- Enter labor hours for production
- Close work orders
- Purchasing Responsibilities
- Work with suppliers on material pricing that is advantageous to PlastiCert..
- Assess material demand in ERP and place purchase orders as required to supply demand.
- Assist in maintaining proper packaging methodologies and procedures.
- Assist with periodic and annual finish goods and materials inventory.
Required Skills: *basic math skills, high school graduate or equivalent, secondary education is most desirable. Desire experience or completed classes in accounting, materials management and production planning. Require competence on a PC, attention to detail, math skills, good communication skills, ability to make decisions and even disposition in dealing with deadlines.
Operator- 2nd Shift
Job Description: Operates one or more manual and/or automatic injection molding machines to produce quality parts, provide on the job training and assist in writing work procedures.
- Understand customer product quality standards and specifications to determine acceptability of parts as per QIP.
- Inspect and monitor part quality as per QIP.
- Continuously provide supervisor with suggestions to improve equipment, tools and process.
- Cooperate with co-workers to achieve overall corporate goals.
- Keep hoppers filled to proper levels with assigned material.
- Manually operate presses and/or install inserts into mold when required.
- Sort parts from runners.
- Discard runners and unacceptable parts in properly marked regrind or scrap containers.
- Pack and label acceptable product to specifications.
- Accurately complete production record sheets.
- Assist in writing work procedures and train people on the job.
- Keep work area clean and free of non-essential tools and equipment.
- Participate in continuing education and training as provided by the company
- Adhere to company policies and practices.
- Act responsibly and safely.
- Perform additional duties consistent with the job as assigned that are consistent with the corporate goals and objectives of PlastiCert Inc.
High School graduate ● in good physical condition ● capable of visually inspection parts ● lifting 45+ lbs. ● basic competence on a P.C. ● Prior experience working an off shift, 2nd or 3rd.
Injection Molding Set-up Technician
Job Description: Responsible for molding set-up including material handling, material change, mold hanging, and processing the set-up to assure a quality product according to the prints and specifications.
- Responsible for material handling, receiving, mixing, issuing and returning material to inventory. This includes processing documentation (packing slips and issuing and returning material to / from inventory per work order).
- Responsible for material changes.
- Set molds and auxiliary equipment according to programmed operation memory or sheet.
- Process mold set-up according to established process sheet and obtain first piece inspection.
- Maintain molding process throughout production run.
- Responsible for regular mold cleaning during the production run.
- Interface with mold maintenance on mold changeover and tooling maintenance.
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineer to assure maximum molding process.
- Responsible for mold cleaning and proper storage after each production run.
- Assist in the safe operation of all production equipment.
- Read and interpret prints and specification sheets
- Assist in maximizing equipment utilization, quality, and productivity.
- Responsible for the shutdown of all unused presses and auxiliary equipment.
- Responsible for own safety as well as the safety of co-workers.
- In addition to the above specific significant tasks and duties, the employee will perform those additional tasks and duties that are consistent with the Corporate goals and objectives of PlastiCert Inc.
High school graduate● Must demonstrate mechanical and process skills● blue print reading and interpretation skills ● Must be in good physical condition and able to lift up to 90 lbs.
Part –Time General Maintenance Personnel
Job Description: Perform general maintenance to equipment, building, and grounds as instructed.
- Perform Handy-man duties on equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on manufacturing equipment
- Perform repairs on manufacturing equipment -or-
- Coordinate with management on arranging outsourced maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Perform Handy-man duties on the building(s)
- Repair or replacement of building fixtures and equipment -or-
- Coordinate with management on arranging outsourced maintenance of building equipment
- Assist with disposal of unwarranted/out-of-service equipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent. General knowledge of hydraulics, plumbing, and AC/DC electrical systems necessary. Training and familiarity with OSHA Safety Requirements.